HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server
The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server delivers the latest performance and expandability in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) 2P rack portfolio. Reliability, serviceability and near continuous availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty, making it ideal for any server environment.
Designed with performance in mind, the HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server leverages the latest Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processor with up to 21 percent performance gain, plus the latest HPE 2400 MHz DDR4 SmartMemory supporting up to 3.0 TB and up to 23 percent performance increase. Supporting 12 Gb/s SAS, 40 Gb NIC with broad range compute options.
Manage the DL380 Gen9 Server in any IT environment by automating the most essential server lifecycle management tasks with HPE OneView and HPE iLO: deploy, update, monitor, and maintain with ease. And run everything from the most basic application to mission critical applications.
No-compromise data center standard for multi-workload compute
Up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v3 and E5-2600v4 series, 4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20/22 cores; PCIe 3.0, up to six available slot(s)
HPE SmartMemory (24) DDR4, up to 2400MHz (3TB max)
- Persistent Memory
Up to (16) 8 GB NVDIMM option (128 GB max)5
Standard HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i, choice of HPE Flexible Smart Array or HPE Smart SAS HBA controllers
2 GB DDR3-1,866 MHz, 72-bit wide bus at 14.9 GB/s on P440ar
HPE DL/ML/SL 96 W Smart Storage Battery optional
- HPE SmartDrives
24 + 2 SFF/12 + 3 LFF max, HDD/SSD, M.2 enabled and optional 6 NVMe PCIe SSD support
4 x 1GbE Embedded + choice of FlexibleLOM + Standup
- VGA/serial/USB/SD ports
Front VGA opt, rear VGA, and serial standard, 5 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 optional, Dual microSD optional
- GPU support
Single-/double-wide and active/passive cards from NVIDIA, Intel and AMD up to 10.5″ (3)
- System ROM
UEFI and Legacy BIOS
- Converged management
HPE OneView with HPE iLO Advanced
- Support management
HPE Insight Online with enhanced mobile app
- Embedded management
HPE iLO 4, Intelligent Provisioning, Smart Update Manager, RESTful Interface Tool, Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell
- Power and cooling
96 percent efficient (Titanium) with Flexible Slot Power Supplies with optional HPE Battery Backup Hot plug fans with full N + 1 redundancy, optional high performance fans
- Industry compliance
ASHRAE A3 and A4,6 lower idle power, and ENERGY STAR
- Power discovery services
- Location discovery services
- Form factor/Chassis depth
Rack (2U), 26.75″ (SFF), 28.75″ (LFF)
- Serviceability—easy install rails
- Warranty Server HP Proliant DL380 Gen9
A Wide Number of Upgrade Options to Grow as your Business needs Expand
- Flexible redesigned chassis, including new HPE Universal Media Bay configuration options with 8 to 24 Small Form Factor (SFF) and 4 or 12 Large Form Factor (LFF) drive options along with NVMe options, additional rear drive support for expandability and investment protection.
- Optimized on HPE ProLiant, HPE Persistent Memory, the first Non-volatile DIMM (NVDIMM) offers unprecedented levels of performance and data resiliency for databases and analytic workloads.
- Redesigned HPE Flexible Smart Array and HPE Smart SAS HBA Controllers allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s controller most suited to your environment. In conjunction with the embedded SATA HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller for boot, data and media needs.
- Choice of embedded 4x1GbE, HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup. 1GbE or 10/25GbE to 40GbE adapters provide you flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business requirements.
- Optional 10GbE FlexFabric NICs providing seamless performance upgrade from 1GbE and the economies of 10GbaseT.
- Support for LFF HDDs with up to 10 TB capacity, the DL380 Gen9 Server offers a maximum storage capacity of 150 TB.
World Class Performance and Industry Leading Energy Efficiency
- Supports industry standard Intel E5-2600 v3 and E5-2600 v4 processors up to 22 cores, 12G SAS and 3.0 TB of DDR4 HPE SmartMemory.
- High efficiency redundant HPE Flexible Slot Power Supplies provide up to 96 percent efficiency (Titanium) and support for HPE Power Discovery Services.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified server configurations illustrate a continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money.
- Improved ambient temperature standard with ASHRAE A3 and A4, helps you reduce cooling costs.
- Enhanced performance with active and passive, double-wide GPU support for workload acceleration.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery:
- Online personalized dashboard for converged infrastructure health monitoring and support management with HPE Insight Online.
- Configure in UEFI boot mode, provision local and remote with Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
- Embedded management to deploy, monitor and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE iLO.
- Optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with HPE Smart Update, consisting of HPE SUM and SPP.
- Enhanced security with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0—prevents unauthorized access to servers and securely store artifacts used to authenticate the server platforms.
- HPE OneView provides converged management that reduces infrastructure complexity with automation simplicity.
Worldwide Service and Support
HPE offers a broad portfolio of services. Global capabilities include technical professionals worldwide and the industry’s largest channel-partner network. We are widely recognized for our responsive, flexible and high-quality support and service. Some of the services available to [CustomerName] include
- HPE Technology Services—delivers continuous care that allows [CustomerName] to upgrade or extend the standard warranty with cost-effective, easy-to-buy, easy-to-use support packages. Support services include HPE Proactive Care – prevent issues and resolve problems quickly and efficiently, and HPE Foundation Care – a choice of coverage levels and response times for hardware and software support.
HPE Financial Services—provides flexible, innovative and globally consistent financial-management programs that simplify the entire IT financial life-cycle-management process—from flexible acquisition alternatives to TCO-reducing asset-management services to value-maximizing end-of-life solutions.