HPE Proliant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade
Designed for a wide range of configuration and deployment options, the HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade provides the flexibility to enhance your core IT applications with right‑sized storage for the right workload—resulting in lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
The BL460c Gen9 Server Blade now offers Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors with up to 21 percent bin to bin performance gain over the previous generation, plus 2400MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory offering up to 33 percent higher throughput. Additional support includes tiered storage controller options, 12Gb/s SAS, 20Gb FlexibleLOMs, support for M.2, NVMe, and HPE ProLiant Persistent Memory options. All of this is managed by HPE OneView, the converged management platform, accelerates IT service delivery through a software-defined approach to manage it all.
Flexibility to optimize your core IT applications
HP BL460c Gen9 Server Blade Technical Specifications
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 product family
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 product family
Number of processors
- 2 or 1
Processor core available
- 4 or 6 or 8 or 10 or 12 or 14 or 16 or 18 or 20 or 22
- 10MB L3
- 15MB L3
- 20MB L3
- 25MB L3
- 30MB L3
- 35MB L3
- 40MB L3
- 45MB L3
- 50MB L3
- 55MB L3
Form factor chassis
Power supply type
- (6) Enclosure-based
- (2) Maximum – For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpecs
- Using 128 GB DIMMs, planned release in June 2016
- 16 DIMM slots
- DDR4 SmartMemory
- (2) SFF SAS/SATA/SSD or
- (2) SFF NVMe (optional) SSD
System fan features
- Hot plug enclosure-based
- 10Gb 536FLB FlexFabric Adapter 2 Ports per controller or
- 20Gb 650FLB FlexFabric Adapter 2 Ports per controller
- Depending on model
- H244br Host Bus Adapter or
- Smart Array P244br
- Depending on model
- iLO Management (standard), Intelligent Provisioning (standard), iLO Advanced for BladeSystem (optional), HP OneView Adanced (optional), HP Insight Control (optional)
- Delivers the right performance, scalability, and economics for the converged data center in the new era of compute at the lowest cost, fastest time to value with latest innovations.
- Provides the flexibility to optimize your core IT applications, with right-sized storage for the right workload lowering TCO, all managed by HPE OneView the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance.
Increased Performance in the Data Center
- Delivers up to 21 percent performance increases with Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processors.
- HPE DDR4 Smart Memory at 2400 MT/s, up to 2 TB, delivers up to a 33 percent throughput increase compared to competition and 35 percent lower power consumption than 1.5v DDR3 at the same bin speed.
- High-end workload acceleration with NVMe SSDs, providing 7x better random performance and 4.5x better sequential performance.
- 8GB NVDIMM (Persistent Memory Technology) provides faster transactions for data management and analytics workloads.
- Two x16 PCIe 3.0 I/O expansion slots can support the highest performing mezzanine option cards now, as well as in the future.
More Versatile Than Ever Before
- The BL460c Gen9 Server Blade delivers flexible embedded storage controller options (HPE Smart Array P244br, HPE H244br Smart Host Bus Adapter, or the HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller) and pass through cards (NVMe) to enable the improved TCO for a variety of workloads.
- Every BL460c Gen9 Server Blade includes USB 3.0, future support for redundant Micro-SD, and optional M.2 support for a variety of system boot options.
- The FlexibleLOM lets you update technology based on networking demands, helping you customize server networking and scale up to future demands without the need to overhaul existing server hardware. It offers a choice of bandwidth and fabric (Ethernet, FCoE, and InfiniBand), supports wake-on-LAN functionality, and provides a shared HPE iLO port for ease of use.
- The optional HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module accelerates server virtualization and delivers converged data center services at the speed of business through the industry’s first 20 Gb server-to-network converged solution.
- The BL460c Gen9 offers support for 16 Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Transforming Business Economics by Accelerating Service Delivery
- HPE OneView provides the Power of One—a single comprehensive view of the data center, managing hardware, software, firmware, and drivers.
- HPE Integrated Lights-out (iLO) software features server lifecycle management advancements including iLO Federation, which remotely manages groups of servers at scale with built-in rapid discovery of all iLOs, group configurations, group health status, and ability to determine iLO licenses.
- HPE Smart Update Manager powered by iLO Federation technology for faster firmware updates.
Industry Leading Serviceability
- HPE Technology Services delivers confidence, reducing risk and helping customers realize agility and stability.
- Provides consulting advice to transform and modernize your infrastructure; services to deploy, migrate and support ProLiant servers and education to help you succeed quickly.
Offers worldwide availability, service and support for customers who have multiple data centers in multiple countries.