The System x3100 M5 5457IDA single-socket tower server is designed for small businesses and first-time server buyers looking for a solution to improve business efficiency. It delivers several innovative features with a competitive price, either in a compact mini-tower form factor, or standard tower form factor with hot-swap power supplies and disk drives. The System x3100 M5 provides next-generation performance in an innovative and compact design with flexible configuration options, built-in security, and systems management capabilities. It leverages the next-generation dual-core and quad-core Intel Xeon processor technology.
Did you know?
The System x3100 M5 server is a compact, cost-effective, single-processor tower or rack-mountable server that has been optimized to provide outstanding availability, manageability, and performance features to small-to-medium-sized businesses, retail stores, or distributed enterprises. It supports the Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3 “Haswell” family of processors for applications that require performance and stability, and Core i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors for applications that require lower cost.
The system includes features that are not typically seen in this class of system, such as standard, embedded RAID 0 and RAID 1, remote control capabilities even when the machine is powered off, and Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA) on processor and memory. Some models also support hot-swap redundant power supplies and hot-swap disk drives.
Often, small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) have limited IT budget and resources, and rely on partners or multitalented employees to help manage the company’s network. Business needs for efficiency improvement and retention of critical data require the usage of a server that is easy to get up and running quickly and is dependable. You need to squeeze as much as possible out of your IT dollars while saving costs on features that are not needed in an SMB environment. The System x3100 M5 is an ideal first server to meet those business needs. It was built for speed, yet eliminates costly design features that are found in general-purpose servers that are unnecessary for smaller businesses.
Scalability and performance
The x3100 M5 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
– The single-socket x3100 M5 supports the quad-core Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v3 (“Haswell”) family of processors, which offer impressive computing power in a space-saving mini-tower design.
– Choice of processors with up to four cores to enable the effective usage of multi-threaded applications.
– Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3 processors supported by the server (with the exception of E3-1220 v3) support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 to maximize performance.
– Up to 32 GB of high-speed DDR3 system memory with four DIMM sockets.
– Memory speeds up to 1600 MHz.
– Four available high-performance PCI Express 3.0 or 2.0 slots.
– Up to four internal 3.5-inch simple-swap or hot-swap SATA II HDDs on some models offer low-cost/high-capacity storage.
– Up to eight internal 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs on some models offers maximum scalability and performance.
– Integrated ServeRAID-C100 software RAID controller supports RAID 0, 1, and 10. Hardware RAID options are available.
– Integrated dual-port Gigabit Ethernet provides increased network throughput and redundancy with efficient slot-saving integration.
– An available 5.25-inch drive bay supports either a half-high tape drive or an RDX Removable Disk Cartridge drive, for cost-effective data backup. A DVD-ROM drive is standard in a dedicated bay.
– Seven USB ports, two USB 3.0 on the front and four USB 2.0 on the back. In addition, there is one internal port for use with a tape drive or RDX Removable Disk Cartridge drive.
Availability and serviceability
The x3100 M5 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
– ECC memory provides error correction that is not available in PC-class “servers” that use parity memory. Avoiding system crashes (and data loss) because of soft memory errors can mean greater system uptime.
– Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as CPU, memory, and adapters.
– Hot-swap drive bays that are available on some models combined with RAID capabilities offer the potential of no downtime in the event of a drive failure.
– The Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA) detects when system components (for example, processors, memory, and hard disk drives) operate outside of standard thresholds and generates pro-active alerts in advance of possible failure, therefore increasing uptime.
– Built-in Integrated Management Module Version II (IMM2) continuously monitors system health, triggers alerts, and performs recovering actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
– Built-in diagnostic tests using Dynamic Systems Analysis (DSA) Preboot speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
– A DVD-ROM drive is standard in a dedicated bay for easy software installation.
– Redundant hot-swap power supports on some models helps keep the server always running
– One-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, next business day 9×5. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the x3100 M5:
– The server includes an Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) to monitor server availability and perform remote management (some features require optional license upgrades).
– Integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
– Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 support enables advanced cryptographic functions, such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
– Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v3 family supports Industry-standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
– IBM Systems Director is included for proactive systems management. It offers comprehensive systems management tools that help to increase up-time, reduce costs, and improve productivity through advanced server management capabilities.
– The Intel Execute Disable Bit function can help prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supporting operating system.
The x3100 M5 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to a green environment:
– Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
– Available 350 W power supply, 300 W 80 PLUS Bronze certified power supply, or 430 W hot-swap 80 PLUS Silver certified power supply.
– With the addition of the Operating Temperature Enhancement Kit, the server supports the ASHRAE A3 standard, which means the server can operate in temperatures as high as 40°C. This means potential savings in environmental cooling costs.
– The Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family offers significantly better performance over the previous generation while fitting into the same thermal design power (TDP) limits.
– Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
– The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, a part of Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ technology. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system.
Locations of key components
The x3100 M5 is available in two different tower designs: a compact tower with a fixed power supply and simple-swap drive bays, or a standard tower with hot-swap power supplies and hot-swap drive bays. Figures 2 and 3 show the front and rear of the x3100 M5.
Xeon 4C E3-1241v3 80W 3.5GHz/1600MHz/8MB, 1x4GB, 1TB SS 3.5in SATA, SR C100, DVD-ROM, 300W p/s, Tower
Graphics controller Matrox G200eR2 integrated in IMM on systemboard, 16MB SDRAM
four DDR3 DIMM sockets up to 32GB max
Intel Xeon Processor
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Intel Xeon 4C E3-1241v3 80W 3.5GHz/1600MHz/8MB
1P Tower Server
Warranty 3 years 24×7
Power Supply Type
Integrated SATA Controller
1TB SS 3.5in SATA
front two USB(3.0); rear four USB(2.0); one serial(9-pin), two
1 PCI-E 3.0 x16, 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x8, and 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4
Max. Internal Storage
Up to four 3.5-inch or eight 2.5-inch hard disk drives
Kata Kunci Terkait :
Lenovo System X3100-M5, 5457IDA, jual Lenovo X3100-M5 (5457IDA), harga Lenovo X3100-M5 (5457IDA), spesifikasi Lenovo X3100-M5 (5457IDA), beli Lenovo X3100-M5 (5457IDA), download driver Lenovo X3100-M5 (5457IDA), troubleshoot Lenovo X3100-M5 (5457IDA)